- Patented design reduces deceleration of the head after impact by up to 30%
- Helps protect from brachial plexus injuries (BPI), otherwise known as burners and stingers
- Lightweight design makes it unnoticeable to the player
- Constructed from durable & long-lasting high-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Flange constructed of neoprene and attaches to most shoulder pads (click here for installation instructions)
- Fits securely within the shoulder pads and won’t move around during use
- Replaceable deceleration pads available in multiple sizes for optimal comfort
- The rental program ensures your athletes have additional protection for the next year. To review a sample rental agreement contract, please click here
Rental Pack: 40 Collars
Our design decelerates the movement of the head after impact by up to 30% and reduces the forces believed to cause concussions while offering full active range of motion for the head and neck. The best part? The collar is nearly undetectable to the player.
Shoulder pads use a shoulder and chest measurement for customers to use in the selection of the correct size for a player. Kato Collar will fit in all shoulder pads sized large or larger and will fit in any shoulder pad which measures 9 ½” in diameter across from the plastic component which forms the opening for the neck. Kato Collar is designed to fit with velcro, although has been worn in shoulder pads sized large and above when shoulder pads are properly fitted, and the jersey is designed to fit tight holding shoulder pads in place and preventing migration of the shoulder pads.
Most shoulder pads now have hook velcro sewed into the underlining of the pad to allow for attachment of channel pads. Kato Collar’s design of the flange with loop velcro on the top o the flange and hook Velcro on the bottom of flange allows it to attach with all shoulder pads with hook velcro sewed into the underlining of the pad. The hook velcro on the bottom of flange allows for the channel pads to be reapplied after Kato Collar is in place.
We offer different sized deceleration pads to allow for varying neck lengths. Please contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org for specifics on the deceleration pads and other sizing questions. Here is a sizing chart for reference.
Please include a copy of the original authorized dealer receipt to verify the product is within the warranty period. A registered product will also serve as proof of purchase. Repair or advanced replacement is at our discretion. Warranty is null and void if there is evidence of any material structural changes, customization or alterations to the collar, any improper use or abuse, any application of non-removable items. All returns require prior authorization from Guardian Athletics Customer Service staff and a return merchandise authorization number (RMA). Credit or exchange will not be issued without an RMA.
To assist us with your warranty we ask that you register your collar(s) at the time of purchase. If you have any questions, please contact our customer service team for support.