Website Privacy Statement
Updated December 2017
This Privacy Statement outlines the information we collect, how we may use and disclose it, and what your options are with respect to our practices. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Guardian Athletics believes in protecting your information. With this in mind, we have adopted this Privacy Statement, which describes the information we may collect when you use visit our website. By using the Services, you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not, please do not use the Services.
- Information You Provide to Us. We only collect certain information from you when you provide it to us, such as when you: (1) register; (2) place an order; (3) complete a survey or product review; (4) participate in one of our promotions; (5) sign up for our emails or newsletter; or (6) contact us. The information we collect from you may include your name, age, mailing address, daytime telephone number, cell phone number, email address, account username and password, and payment information. If you use a third party login to register or otherwise link to us, we may receive certain information about you from the third party (such as a social network) based on your registration and privacy settings on that third-party service.
- Registration. We encourage you to register when shopping on our Site; however, registration is not required. Our Registration Form requires users to provide contact information (such as name, age, mailing address, daytime telephone number, cell phone number, email address and password). You must be 18 years of age or older to register. Registration helps us to provide you with a quick and simple checkout experience. The customer contact information you provide will be used to contact you concerning the status of an order, answer your questions and, unless you choose to opt-out, to send you communications about upcoming sales, contests, promotions and product information. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your registration information and password. You are responsible for all use of the site under your registered account. If you would like, you can also fill out a customer profile. While it is not required, information obtained from the customer profile questions helps us to learn more about our customers and is used to improve your shopping experience and to provide you with more relevant content and advertising.
- Tracking Options and California Do Not Track. You may adjust your browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Services or take full advantage of our offerings.
- Even without a cookie, you can still take advantage of most of the features of our site, including making a purchase, but we will not be able to recognize you as a registered user unless you log in. Our system may not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers. We may use certain service providers to provide you with more relevant online advertising based on your activities on our Site and third-party sites. To learn more about, or to opt out of, use of this information by certain service providers, please click here. We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with online advertising tailored to your interests. To opt out of our cookies used for this online advertising, please click here. For certain service providers, such as social media platforms, and on your mobile device, you can adjust your privacy and advertising settings to limit your tracking for advertising or control whether you receive more relevant advertising.
- Information Collected From Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from other sources, including social networks that you use to connect with us. This information may include name, username, demographic information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity.
- Combination of Information. We may also combine the information we receive from and about you, including the information you provide to us on the Service, information we receive from third parties, and/or information we automatically collect (as explained above).
We may use the information we collect from and about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with a quick and simple checkout experience;
- To process your orders, contact you concerning the status of an order, answer any of your questions, or otherwise contact and communicate with you;
- To provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Service, other websites or via text message, and to contact you about upcoming Guardian Athletics sales, promotions, and product information;
- To allow you to participate in promotions;
- To help us learn more about our site visitors, App users, and customers and to improve their shopping experience and our business;
- To address problems with the Service, our business or our products and services and to protect the security of the site and our business;
- To contact you about upcoming promotions and offers on behalf of our partners; and
- Otherwise, as described to you at the point of collection.
We may disclose the information we collect from and about you as follows:
- To our service providers, if the disclosure will enable them to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for us.
- To carefully-selected third party partners, so that they may inform you of offers, promotions, and services.
- For payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, website evaluation and data analysis, and distributing marketing and promotional material.
- To comply with the law, to respond to governmental inquiries or requests, to enforce our policies, or to protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- Otherwise, with your consent.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily upload or submit for public posting to the Service becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. It is a violation of the Service’s terms of us for you to post any content that requests personally identifiable information from others on the Service.
As with any business, it is possible that as our business develops, we might sell or buy online stores or other assets. In such transactions, information about customers often is among the transferred assets. Accordingly, in the unlikely event that our company or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, such information may be one of the transferred assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to require that the transferee use personal information provided through the Services in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement.
We may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about Site users with third parties.
Updating Your Information
Please note that, at all times, you are responsible for updating the personal information you provide to us. If you have registered with us, you may update your personal information through your registered account. If you elect to delete some or all of your personal information, keep in mind that we may retain transactional data in accordance with various laws, regulations and our Company’s retention policy.
Changes To Our Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement at any time. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use, and/or share your personal information, we will notify you by sending you an e-mail at the last e-mail address that you provided us, and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on the site. Any material changes to this Privacy Statement will be effective upon the earlier of thirty (30) calendar days following our transmittal of an e-mail notice to you or thirty (30) calendar days following our posting of the notice of changes.
Option To Opt-out
At all times, you have the option of “opting out” of receiving future email marketing updates by sending us an email with “unsubscribe” in the subject line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you opt-out, you may continue to receive non-marketing e-mail messages from us, including, for example, order confirmations.
If you previously registered for a text messaging campaign and now want to opt-out, text “STOP” to the shortcode/number for the program that you’ve signed up for.
Security Of Information
Guardian Athletics has implemented certain physical, administrative, and technical security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information you provide. We encrypt your personal information, including your credit card number, when transmitting over the Internet using triple key encryption technology by Secure Server Certification Authority RSA Data Security Inc. US and a VeriSign TLSSSL (Secure Socket Layer), to safeguard your Internet transactions. Browsers that allow for TSSL Technology Ordering from our Site require the use of an SSL-compliant browser, such as Netscape 4.0 or later; Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later; 5.0 AOL client for PCs; or the 5.0 AOL client for Macs. You will not be able to use ‘secure mode’ if you have an older version of an Internet browser that does not support secure transactions, or if your computer is located on a local area network (LAN) that uses a firewall that prohibits secure transactions. If ‘secure mode’ is not possible, please select one of our off-line options to place your order.
Should you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement or our data handling practices you may contact our Privacy Administrator by email at email@example.com; or by writing to us at:
1409 N Riverfront Dr, Suite 201
Mankato, MN 56001
Links To Other Websites
This Service contains links to other sites, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or apps. Accordingly, we recommend that you review the Privacy Statement posted on any website or app that you access through this Service. The terms and conditions herein do not apply to any such linked websites or apps. Guardian Athletics does not endorse any linked websites or apps, or the information, materials, products or services that are contained in or accessible through such linked websites or apps. Guardian Athletics disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information, materials, products, and services that are contained in or accessible through linked websites or apps, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
You acknowledge and agree that Guardian Athletics is not responsible for the content, accuracy, legality, decency, copyright compliance, privacy practices, security or any other aspects of any such linked websites or apps, and that the access or use of any such linked websites or apps is solely at your own risk, and you hereby waive any and all claims against Guardian Athletics with respect to such linked websites or apps.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you through our Services to countries other than the country in which the information was collected. If you are an international visitor using our Services, please be aware that the information you provide may be transferred to computers in the United States. We take steps to ensure that the data collected under this Privacy Statement is processed according to the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and, in transferring data, that the information is protected as described herein.
Guardian Athletics welcomes all guests to our online services. We are always working to ensure the accessibility of our web and mobile platforms for every visitor and are interested in suggestions for improvement. If you find any aspect of this site inaccessible or difficult for people with disabilities, we encourage you to contact us and describe the issue you encountered or the feature you think could be improved. We will take your suggestions under advisement as we continue to make our services more accommodating to all.
Copyright Notice © 2017 Guardian Athletics. All rights reserved.